Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Preparing for Comic Con 2010

I've been hard at work finishing custom corset orders so that I have time to finish Steph's mage costume before Comic Con. Attending Comic Con last year was what inspired me to start making costumes, and I'm really looking forward to going this year.

Some pics from our trip to Comic Con last year:

 Steph looking scared with a group of Klingons. Says Steph of this picture "I'm such an enormous nerd that this is the third photo I've ever taken with Klingons. I really miss Star Trek: The Experience."
 Steph with Torgo from Mystery Science Theater: Manos the Hands of Fate. This guy did a great Torgo voice, and had a device somewhere on his body that was playing a loop of the Torgo theme. If you're unfamiliar, watch the following clip and then watch the MST3K episode!


This man has found the perfect person to cosplay as. The Dude is both awesome and wears comfortable clothing.

Steph and I are both gamers, and Left 4 Dead is our preferred FPS. This girl is dressed as a Witch from Left 4 Dead, and even had little red LED lights by her eyes to achieve the Witch's hallmark glowing red eyes.

We'll have plenty of new photos in a couple weeks after we get back from San Diego!

2 comments:

  1. bwahaha, thanks for reminding me of the greatness that is the torgo theme :D love that movie.
    the witch is looking really scary, wow, great outfit. I hope she didn't cry all the time ;)
    I wanna go to comic con, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Torgo theme, hoping that we'll see Torgo again this year :)

    The witch was pretty quiet, but we ran into her near the end of the day so she might have been tired from wailing the whole time!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis